OCEAN VIEW, HAWAII
Unincorporated 501c3 Nonprofit Growers Alliance & Holistic Farm
ONLY (VOTING) MEMBERS HAVE ACCESS TO THE FOLLOWING MATERIALS!!
Bee Remnants Open Source Cannabis License The following is the Open Source License for members of Bee Remnants 501(c)3 Unincorporated Non-Profit! 184 KB
Bee Remnants 501(c)3 Constitution This is the constitution set in place for the unincorporated non-profit charity! 274 KB
Bee Remnants 501(c)3 ByLaws The following are the ByLaws for the unincorporated non-profit charity! 64.6 KB
Free Cannabis Complete Guide Thanks for signing up to the website & non-profit! Here's a free Cannabis Complete Guide! 23.7 MB
This is the official page for the unincorporated 501c3 nonprofit growers alliance & holistic farm; BEE REMNANTS that has formed to provide open source medical cannabis & other herbs, fruits & vegetables to people with debilitating medical conditions + community outreach projects for research & development to more holistic approaches to agricultural & sustainable energy methods. Bee Remnants has started a GoFundMe along with the Stoner Baby Podcast to help campaign & drive donations. We will begin collaborating with members for other venues and events we can initiate to create awareness. Please review our fiscal sponsor below.
HAWAII COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
99 Aupuni Street, Suite 214
Hilo, HI 96720
A fiscal sponsor is a 501(c)3 public charity that agrees to act as the sponsoring organization for a grant-seeking nonprofit organization that does not have the 501(c)3 designation. The sponsor facilitates both the grant application and any expenditures of grant money received. Below are the resolution and agreement forms for confirming this relationship.
The Nonprofit Gateway is a partnership of the Hawaii Community Foundation, Atherton Family Foundation, Fred Baldwin Memorial Foundation, Cooke Foundation and Victoria S. and Bradley L. Geist Foundation. The Nonprofit Gateway supports organizations by offering the ability to efficiently submit electronic grant applications.
An unincorporated association is not incorporated, so it cannot enter into contracts or own property in its own right.
Designated voting members of Bee Remnants are seeking to buy land in Ocean View, Hawaii as a starting point in building a holistic facility & community farm.
Our association will become a liason between the community & State of Hawaii, Department of Health's "Medical Cannabis Registry Program" facilitating the following;
* The latest news from the Medical Cannabis Registry program.
* Information for patients who are not Hawaii residents.
* Information about the registration process, registration cards, growing medical cannabis, and information for caregivers.
* Information to Physicians/APRN on rights as a physician, licensing and registration, patient registration procedures, and debilitating medical conditions.
* Information for law enforcement on individual and grow site verification, designated officers and information access for law enforcement.
As an unincorporated association can operate as a tax-exempt nonprofit as long as the purpose of its activity is of public benefit, and annual revenues are less than $5,000. If the association remains small with limited income, the unincorporated association does not need to apply to the IRS for 501(c)(3) status.
All voting members, patients, & caregivers will also be joining of our open source medical marijuana pilot program as well as becoming members of our association.
All patients & caregivers who register to the Medical Cannabis Registry Program through Bee Remnants will join our open source medical marijuana pilot program as well as becoming members of the association.
All strains bred by members/officers are eligible and permissible for Creative Common Rights under the Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license. In the near future our association will also make use of the the Public Domain (CC0) license offered by the Creative Commons since both these set of terms pertain to the Free Cultural Works category.
Upon obtaining the two forms of Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) licensing [provided by Bee Remnants] all members/officers must take The OSSI Pledge;
The Open Source Seed Initiative is an American organization whose mission is “to maintain fair and open access to plant genetic resources worldwide in order to ensure the availability of germ-plasm to farmers, gardeners, breeders, and communities of this and future generations“.
The OSSI Pledge reads: “You have the freedom to use these OSSI-Pledged seeds in any way you choose. In return, you pledge not to restrict others’ use of these seeds or their derivatives by patents or other means, and to include this Pledge with any transfer of these seeds or their derivatives.” It is not a license. It is a copyleft commitment that ensures the Pledge is transmitted with any further distribution of the seed or the seed of any new varieties bred from it. “The Pledge has both moral and legal force. In this way, OSSI preserves the unencumbered exchange of plant germplasm for breeding purposes and guarantees the rights of farmers and gardeners to save and replant seed“.
The OSSI Pledge consists in:
- The freedom to save or grow seed for replanting or for any other purpose.
- The freedom to share, trade, or sell seed to others.
- The freedom to trial and study seed and to share or publish information about it.
- The freedom to select or adapt the seed, make crosses with it, or use it to breed new lines and varieties.
Members/Officers will pledge varietals to OSSI using the Open Source Seed Initiative Variety Designation agreement providing information about any said varietal bred. Approved varietals become “freed seeds” as opposed to “free seed”. The varietal is freed with respect to use, but not free in price. A pledged variety can be sold, freed from restrictions. OSSI-seeds come with a copy of the pledge to maintain and expand the commitment as the seeds are distributed.
The Open Source Seeds License is a legally binding agreement between the breeder and the requester. But an agreement that requires copyleft distribution of the variety under license, according to the open source principles.
The Open Source License principles are:
- Anyone may freely use open-source seed – that is, grow, propagate, develop it further and use it for breeding. In addition, the seed and its developments may be transferred under existing laws, whether sold, exchanged or given away.
- No one, however, may privatize the seed and its developments – the licence excludes patent and plant variety protection.
- Each recipient assigns the same rights and obligations to prospective users of seed and its further developments.
This open-source licence falls under the General Business Terms and Conditions of German Civil Law (BGB). AGRECOL’s leadership accepts cannabis breeders to use The Open Source Seeds License with no location restriction. Bee Remnants will submit all the information pertaining to any said varietal created to Open Source Seeds with the required four types of information needed:
- Personal details of the breeder (Member/Officer).
- A detailed description of the variety following a standard international approach. We use the UPOV questionnaire.
- A variety description to be used by gardeners and farmers that displays all relevant characteristics.
- A declaration stating that the variety has not yet been distributed.
Once completed, breeders issuing genetics under this license operate under German Civil Law. In terms of licensing their varieties, breeders simply need to include this short text with their seed packs. Similar to OSSI’s Pledge, seeds under OpenSourceSeeds License can be sold, freed from restrictions.
All members will be provided with the Bee Remnants Open Source Cannabis License.
Bee Remnants will ensure that open source breeding initiatives happen in a democratic spirit, without any possible conflict of interest, operating as an unincorporated nonprofit association within Hawaii.
The charitable aims of Bee Remnants are to treat those with qualifying debilitating medical condition includes:
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (added effective December 19, 2017 as per the petition process)
- Lupus (added effective June 29, 2017 as per Act 041, SHL 2017)
- Epilepsy (added effective June 29, 2017 as per Act 041, SHL 2017)
- Multiple Sclerosis (added effective June 29, 2017 as per Act 041, SHL 2017)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (added effective June 29, 2017 as per Act 041, SHL 2017)
- Positive status for human immunodeficiency virus
- Acquired immune deficiency syndrome
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (added effective July 1, 2015 as per Act 241, SLH 2015)
“The treatment of these conditions” or “A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its treatment" that produces one or more of the following:
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome,
- Severe pain,
- Severe nausea,
- Seizures, including those characteristic of epilepsy, or
- Severe and persistent muscle spasms, including those characteristic of multiple sclerosis or Crohn’s disease.
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) was added in 2017 through the petition process.
Bee Remnants will also facilitate a Petition to add a debilitating medical condition that is not currently stated in the law by the DOH Administrative Rules, Chapter 11-160, HAR; a process for department approved conditions has been outlined. See Petition Process for more information.
Need to add information about http://www.workaway.info as part of community outreach initiatives.